John Huntingdon’s Charity

Here when
you need us

Get in touch

JHC is a local, friendly charity at the
heart of the Sawston Community.

Service Icon

Help & advice

The JHC Support Service has become
a very popular resource for people
living in and around Sawston.
Support workers Jan and Sarva can
see clients for appointments at the
charity’s office and sometimes for
home visits and they can also act as
advocates with other agencies.

Read More... Service Image
Service Icon

Housing

Over the last decade JHC has helped
29 families move on to permanent
accommodation and we currently
house almost 60 people in the
village. We have a stock of 22
almshouses in Sawston which are
managed for us by King Street
Housing Society, based in Cambridge.

Read More... Service Image
Service Icon

Grants

In recent years JHC has given a
wide range of grants and bursaries
to support the specific needs of
school children, vulnerable adults
and many more. The charity can
provide grants for essential items
as well as emotional support and
is always a friendly place to visit.

Read More... Service Image

Support us with:

John Huntingdon’s Charity

A letter from the Charity Manager 

To ensure our Support services remain relevant and of a high quality,  JHC actively encourages feedback from its clients through a short survey.  We thought that it would be interesting to share some of that feedback.

Since we started surveying clients back in 2014, the greatest demand is still for help with benefits.  We think that this is unlikely to change given the political climate.  We know that we make a difference and our support is unique and still as relevant as ever.

Last year saw an 8% rise to 98% of clients who fed back rating our service 10/10, but that doesn’t make us complacent , we want to know how we can make things even better for the people that we see.  Times are getting even more challenging and we are pleased that we can provide clear advice on how to handle a situation.  Many clients endorse our support workers for their kindness and patience.

Interestingly, almost twice as many women as men access our support services, leading us to believe that women are still more comfortable asking for help.  Over a quarter of our clients said they felt less anxious as a direct result of receiving our support and advice.  It really doesn’t pay to ignore problems and hope that they will go away, taking action can be incredibly empowering.

Over 40% of clients first heard of us via a friend, with 90% who fed back subsequently saying they would recommend JHC to their family and friends. The other 10% preferred not to share.

We are proud of the service that we have to offer, but we are always looking at ways to improve so we are incredibly grateful to everyone who takes the time to complete our feed back forms.

Jill Hayden,

Charity Manager

 

 

 

 

How can I help?

There are plenty of ways to get involved with JHC. Click here for more information

Latest News

John Huntingdon Centre development

As you can see from the photos, our new John Huntingdon Centre is now finished!

News Image
News Image
News Image
Find out more...

Or read all our latest news articles here

Home